We maximise the impact of science and technology on UK defence and security – across government.
We work with the best people with the best ideas around the world – from very small companies to world-class universities, huge defence companies … even other nations.
Together we develop battle-winning technologies, based on deep and widespread research, supporting UK military operations now and in the future.
We also work in niche areas which are sensitive, operationally critical or international in nature and must therefore be done within government.
We’re extremely proud of our work which saves lives in the UK, overseas and on the frontline. We’re a trading fund of the MOD, accountable to government, to the taxpayer and the UK armed forces we support in the field every day.
- UK SME given export boost by Dstl
- New cutting edge, animatronic mannequin for improved testing of equipment
- Detecting explosives and chemicals with infrared technology
- Dstl Chief Executive becomes apprentice for the day
- Dstl and Qioptiq work together to protect against dazzle
- Maritime science and technology on show
- £2 million additional funding available for improving efficiency of marine vessels
- To Support the Uk's future CBR programme
MOD’s Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) (part of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) proves the value of novel, high-risk, high-potential-benefit research sourced from the broadest possible range of science and technology providers, including academia and small companies, to enable development of cost-effective capability advantage for UK Armed Forces and national security. Find out more.